Greeter Ministry Description
The ministry of hospitality is the responsibility of ALL the assembly. However, certain members of the community are responsible for being the representatives of the community in welcoming those who come to St. Raphael Catholic Church as worshipers and members of the Body of Christ.
Living by the teachings of the Catholic Church
Greeters should be distinguished by a Christian life of strong faith and morals. You should act with holy love and Christian charity to all you meet and cultivate a devotion to the Holy Eucharist. You should also be an example to the other faithful by a life of piety and reverence – living by the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- It is our goal to have at least six Greeters assigned at each Mass.
- Greeters are members of the assembly – active participants in any liturgy or prayer service they attend. Your role in hospitality is exercised in the context of the liturgy. Therefore, you are a role model for Mass participation.
- As role model for the community, please exhibit an attitude of reverence and honor towards the Eucharist. Please consider the clothes you wear also as a sign of your reverence.
Ladies: Dress slacks or skirts (preferably knee length or longer). Sleeveless, low-cut or
crop- tops or sundresses are not appropriate.
Men: Dress pants with a collared shirt (with or without a tie or jacket).
**Shorts, tennis shoes, flip-flops or jeans are not proper attire for any liturgical minister.
Remember that you are serving at the banquet of the Lord.
4. Be cheerful- smile and offer a handshake. Be visible- stand where those entering can readily see you. Be alert- notice if anyone needs help or directions. Be inviting – you can greet those entering with a salutation such as “Hello!” “Good to see you,” or “Welcome to St. Raphael’s”
Please be at church 20 minutes before the Mass begins. It is very important for your ministry that you are on time.
You may pick up a Magnetic “Greeter” badge located at the Information Desk in the East Gathering area. After Mass, please return the badge to the basket at the Information Desk.
Also, located at the Information Desk, is a three-ring binder with emergency procedures. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with this information.
Greet in the Gathering Space or entrance areas as people enter the building. Greet people with a smile and/or a handshake with a salutation such as “Hello,” “Good to see you,” or “Welcome to St. Raphael’s”
- One Greeter at each side, stay at the door to greet the late comers for at least five minutes or until you see no one in the parking lot. (on the West and North sides open the door and look at the parking lot) This is important all the time, but especially in the winter, when people have a higher risk of falling. We need to be able to render assistance if necessary.
- For questions regarding scheduling, procedures specific to the ministry or training, please contact Sue Kubovec or Marie Nachtsheim in the Parish Office at 763-537-8401.
Your hospitality and commitment to our worship will enrich the life of our community!
Thank you for your generous service to the people of St. Raphael Catholic Church!